Major Local Road Projects Update06-Jan-2017
MACKAY RING ROAD
The Mackay Ring Road will:
- Improve road access between industrial areas and the Mackay Port
- Reduced traffic demands on Nebo Road, with a two lane rural highway deviation approximately 11.3 km in length
- Reduced travel times by avoiding 10 signalised intersections from Stockroute Road to Bald Hill
- Major Bridges over Pioneer River and the Fursden Creek floodplain
Overpasses of local roads and the rail network. $560 million project to plan, preserve, design and construct Stage 1 of the Mackay Ring Road.
Detailed design underway and scheduled for completion late 2016.
Tenders called early 2017
Construction to commence mid -2017.
MACKAY TO BOWEN BASIN SERVICE LINK (Walkerston Bypass - unfunded)
- Currently in design and planning phase
- 13.3 km
- First 2.6 km delivered as part of the Mackay Ring Road Project
- Four Bridges
- $189.2 million project to provide a new range crossing
- Enhanced Safety - especially on the descent
- Improve travel time reliability and freight efficiency
- Reduce driving demands on heavy vehicle operator